ABOUT THE PRODUCT
ESSENTIAL VITAMINS, BETTER TOGETHER
- Get science-backed doses of vitamins A, D and K to help support your heart, bones, immune function and more
- Brain Octane® oil softgel helps your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins so you get more of the good stuff
- Bulletproof A-D-K uses ideal forms of these vitamins in order to provide maximum benefits
THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE VITAMINS
- Active vitamin A (from retinyl palmitate) works with vitamin D to support your immune system
- Vitamin D3 (from cholecalciferol) plays a critical role in calcium absorption into the bloodstream
- Vitamin K is required to transport calcium from the bloodstream into the bone, supporting bone density and cardiovascular health. We use vitamins K1 and K2 for maximum benefit
HIGH-POTENCY DAILY SUPPORT
- Take one softgel daily with food
- 100% non-GMO, soy-free and gluten-free, with no artificial colors, preservatives or junk
Why does the bottle have a child resistant cap?
It is recommended to keep most supplements out of reach of children because they’re not formulated specifically for children. While this remains the case for vitamins A, D and K, the upper limit of vitamin A is significantly lower for children, increasing the potential risk. With this in mind, and as a cautionary measure, we felt it best to use a child resistant cap on this supplement. Please keep out of reach of children.
Can I take more than the recommended amount?
A-D-K was formulated to contain an effective dose at the recommended serving size. As with any supplement, please consult your healthcare provider to determine the right dose for you.
Are any of the vitamins derived from soy?
No, there is no soy in this product.
What is used for the color?
Natural color variation may occur due to the complex mix of vitamins used in A-D-K, so annatto is used for uniformity. Annatto is a natural red-orange condiment, the result of extracting carotenoids from fruit seeds of the achiote tree. The achiote tree originated in tropical areas of Central, South and North America where natives historically used it as both a spice and to create red body paint.
Do I need to take this with food?
Since vitamins A, D and K are fat-soluble, they are best taken with a fat-containing meal.
For Vitamin A (retinol), what is the relationship between mcg and IU?
Per new FDA regulations, vitamin A is now declared as micrograms (mcg) of Retinol Activity Equivalents instead of International Units (IU). One IU of retinol is equal to 0.3 mcg Retinol Activity Equivalents. That makes the 900 mcg of vitamin A in this product equal to 3,000 IU of retinol.